Click Here to learn more about how you can TAKE ACTION on the many important horse issues. And don't forget to share the information with your friends, family and colleagues. Horses need as many voices as possible to help protect them!
- Whereas the horse is a living link to the history of the United States;
- Whereas without horses, the economy, history, and character of the United States would be profoundly different;
- Whereas horses continue to permeate the society of the United States, as witnessed on movie screens, on open land, and in our own backyards;
- Whereas horses are a vital part of the collective experience of the United States and deserve protection and compassion;
- Whereas because of increasing pressure from modern society, wild and domestic horses rely on humans for adequate food, water, and shelter; and
- Whereas the Congressional Horse Caucus estimates that the horse industry contributes much more than $100,000,000,000 each year to the economy of the United States: Now, therefore, be it.
Resolved, That the Senate--
(1) designates December 13, 2004, as ‘National Day of the Horse’, in recognition of the importance of horses to the security, economy, recreation, and heritage of the United States;
(2) encourages all people of the United States to be mindful of the contribution of horses to the economy, history, and character of the United States; and
(3) requests that the President issue a proclamation calling on the people of the United States and interested organizations to observe the day with appropriate programs and activities.